Paphos cyprus 2020

Comments · 601 Views

Paphos city
The legendary city of Paphos is located on the southwestern coast of the island of Cyprus, near the spurs of the Troodos mountain range. This smallest administrative center of the Republic of Cyprus is known as one of the most prestigious resorts in the Mediterranean and is

The city of Paphos, which is the center of the region of the same name in the Republic of Cyprus, is located on the southwestern side of the island of Cyprus, next to the spurs of the Troodos mountain range. Paphos (Cyprus) is the fourth most populous city in the country, with 80% of residents speaking Greek as their native language, and Turkish for the remaining 20%.

Paphos port
The city is conventionally divided into Kato Paphos (Lower Paphos) and Pano Paphos (Upper Paphos), which is often called "Ktima". Ktima is a modern area where administrative city buildings are located. Kato Paphos is a coastal urban area where most of the attractions, restaurants, and retail outlets are concentrated.

Paphos embankment and port
The embankment is one of the most picturesque places where both tourists and townspeople like to relax. The main promenade begins in Kato Paphos, runs along the entire port and stretches to Municipal Baths Beach. This is the busiest section of the promenade and is home to some of the city's best bars and restaurants.

Paphos waterfront
Further, from the Municipal Baths to Geroskipou, there is Coastal Broadway. This is the most beautiful section of the city embankment - a narrow well-groomed path, part of which runs under a cliff. Such landscapes are conducive to leisurely walks, and tourists love to take photos here in memory of Paphos and Cyprus.

Then there is the Geroskipou embankment, immersed in blooming vegetation. The main part of the Geroskipou promenade runs next to the hotels, which are almost closely aligned along the coast.

The city port is located on the territory of Kato Paphos. In the harbor there are yachts, boats of local fishermen, pleasure catamarans - on them you can go to the open sea or walk along the sea coast.

Paphos Fort
In Kato Paphos, next to the port, stands the medieval Paphos castle. This building is not only the best attraction of the embankment, but also a visiting card of the entire city. Throughout its existence, this building served as a fortress, a prison and even a salt warehouse during the British occupation of Cyprus. And since 1935, the ancient fort has been under the protection of the Cyprus Department of Antiquities.

Paphos Fort
Now the Paphos Fort is a two-story stone building with a tower and a pretty enclosed courtyard. On the second floor, where a wooden staircase leads, there is an open area - from there you can see the harbor, the Central Embankment and the Mediterranean Sea.

Comments